Saturday, September 17, 2011

Welcome to the Labyrinth

I'm not entirely sure what this blog will be about. I'm also not entirely sure there's anyone out there interested in what I want to write about. I feel like a radio transmitter, sending messages out to space, waiting for the "hello" that will never come back, a hand waving at the blackness. Is Shakespeare, Anglo-Saxons, Femtotechnology, Morphic fields, Doctor Who and ancient alien enigmas your cup of tea? I don't know if its anybody's cup of tea. I don't even like tea.

I don't know how often I'll update the blog. I have a lot of projects reaching their conclusion soon (whether I'm done or not), and then exams. But talking into the ether has always helped me think - when I write, I try lines out to see how they sound. I mutter and complain bitterly to thin air. I'll go through the motions of expressing shock, horror, irritation and the rest of the emotional spectrum, when there's nobody there to see it.

Maybe it's BECAUSE there's nobody there. I used to be a great primary school actor until I hit my teens, and realised that people are terrifying - I was Senator Pomarius in a retelling of the Nativity story, and I was Macbeth in an excerpt from the larger play. I remember that clearly. I also remember that I gave up all enthusiasm for acting the next year, because I started a new school and didn't want to make a fool of myself. It didn't stop me. And eventually, I realised that everything you do will be judged by someone, somewhere, in some way.

This is just an informal introduction, and a "hello" to anybody out there. There's life here, and I'm reasonably sure it's intelligent. And its got some things to say, if you'd like to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment